Friday, December 17, 2004

A sad season

Well, school is over and I am bored. I cannot stand periods in my life where I am not accomplishing anything. Instead I am just waiting on things, namely money.

Today's journal entry received it's title because of a gut-wrenching event that happened this week. I came down on my oldest daughter for her grades and in true teenager fashion she lashed out at us in the most vicious way she could muster. We had a long argument that lasted into the evening and culminated with her losing just about every privilage she has in this house including a room of her own and a bed. She has been sleeping on the couch these past couple nights.

I just don't know how to handle her anymore. It seems that she has chosen to do the wrong thing in about every situation she has dealt with. Also, she is just so demanding of attention and what she "thinks" she is entitled to. The worst part is that I could see in her eyes that she basically hates me. Last night I looked at a picture of my sweet girl from a couple of years ago and I started crying. Where did the little girl I loved so much go to? What was the point that she abandoned love, respect, courtesy, honor, and innocence?

I despise this world and the war it makes on innocence. I am afraid that my daughter is a casualty of that conflict.