Saturday, December 18, 2004

Blast from the Past

Well, I have taken the first step in the process of starting my own business. Last night I spoke to an acquaintance of mine who basically stole my idea and launched a game store here in town. He rented one of the old buildings downtown and did a marvelous job in refurbishing it. I guess his wife is an interior decorator and she did her magic on the interior. I am very impressed!!

Anyway, he offered to allow me to set up, promote and sell GW stuff in the store. He is a rabid player of the game, but he doesn't want the hassle of dealing with the company and their draconian sales tactics. So, I'm stepping up and handling the whole thing. He is a great guy and I think it'll be a pleasure working with him. So, the vast load of starting our business has been shouldered by him and we'll definitely be able to launch something in January and February... A Blessings in disguise.

In a related story, while I was hanging out at the game store playing 40K against Geary I noticed a familier face. She was staring at me from across the room, but I couldn't quite place her at first. Then, it donned on me that it was Momoka. I have not laid eyes on her lovely face in over ten years!! Without saying a word we gave each other a hug, and I must admit that I got a bit misty. The embrace of and old friendship is one of the finest joys in this life. I got to met her husband, who seems like a great guy, which makes me very happy because she deserves a good man. I hope that I will get a chance to see her more often.