This has been a tough week and I am glad it is about over with. Despite the pressure of still not having a place to call my own, I managed to get an "A" on tests in two of my classes. In addition, I finished a prototype for my ceramics project.
The court hearing into our "eviction" went well for us. We settled with our former landlady out of court. We agreed to pay the back rent we owed and she agreed to drop the claim for evicition costs. I feel like I got out with my honor intact... I am paying what I owed like I really wanted to do. Best of all, we won't have a judgement or an eviction on our credit report. That's important for us in getting over our bankruptcy.
I must say that at this point I am simply exhausted with everything that is happening. This process of getting a mortgage is almost too much to bear. I get lousy sleep at night on my friends couch, and I seriously long for my own space and privacy once again. I'm sure that holds true as well for our benefactors. We are at the end of week two here and I think nerves are being worn rather thin.
"House guests are like fish... after a few days both begin to stink" Benjamin Franklin
My problem is that I just don't know how to make things easier or accomodate our hosts better. Kids will be kids and stupid things happen when they are around. However, that is hard for someone who doesn't have their own kids to understand. Sure, I can keep the kids in line and correct them when mistakes are made. But, I just can't hang over them and control every action.
Oh God in heaven please deliver us from this grief and bring us to a life of stability and security.
In other news, I was a bit disturbed today by the news that the British hostage was beheaded in Iraq. I don't know why I follow these stories like I do. I just really sympathize with his plight and the grief of his family. The news story said they think he tried to escape and was recaptured and executed. I just can't imagine the evil that exists in the heart of a person who would hold a man down and cut off his head while he struggled against you in vain. Death in mortal combat is one thing... murder of an innocent man who is tied up is another. If it is really in Islam to condone this act then there lies the agents of evil.
In closing, I think Kerry won the debate tonight. He was just more specific about his plan for the future than Bush was.
"Lets lick Bush in 2004!!!"
That didn't come out like I planned. :-)