Monday, June 28, 2004

We planted our garden yesterday. I know it is late in the season but we decided to do it anyway and hope for an indian summer. We have a row of corn, red onions, carrots, and tomatoes. In a couple of days I will plant some potatoes, watermelon, and pumpkins. It is nice to feel the dirt and work it for our benefit. In a jeffersonian way I have always admired farming.

I applied for a job today with the local temp agency. I may have mentioned before that the job is with the local cable access station. With my background in radio/public relations it is right up my alley. The best part is that the job is flexible to allow me to go back to school this Fall. Oh, by the way even though it is with a temp agency, the job is permenant.

In other news, I bought something from Bubba the other day that will add an interesting bit of spice to my life. It is a very nice paintball gun. He sold it to me because he found a local place that sold him a marker he has wanted for quite some time. Anyway, we started asking around and found several people who want to have a great big shoot-out in a couple weeks. When I was a kid we had BB gun wars. It'll be interesting to see how different this might be.