Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Today I got an unlikely invitation for an interview. It's for a railroad in California and it is for a "special agent" position. Basically, they want someone to investigate crimes against the railroad and the like. I dunno how much it pays but I know it's in the city of Richmond in the San Francisco bay area. I have alot of apprehensions about the job because it is going back into police work. I thought I left that behind. Still, I did apply for it(perhaps in desperation). I'm due to go to the Bay area on the 25th of this month for an interview. I'll keep you posted.

Another unlikely job proposal came my way today in addition to the above mentioned. The human resources person for GW invited me to apply again. She wouldn't answer my questions whether I would be seriously considered or not. She just said "you are more than welcome to apply". On one hand I don't think she would say that if there was no chance, but my suspicious side thinks she's only saying that because by law she can't discourage me from applying. What do you think?

Prior to all this hubub I was despairing quite a bit. Looking at my life and trying to decide what I want to do. Find a flunky job locally or keep plugging away at companies around the nation. I have about 8 weeks left on my unemployment. So, it kinda feels like time is running out for the miracle that I want.

I looked into going back to school. It does appeal to me, and a bachleors degree would open alot of doors. But, I just don't see how we can live like we are for another 2 years. I even considered law school but, that is another 2 years on top of the bachleors degree. I want to go somewhere ith my life but, the price might be too high. I have to do some serious soul searching and praying.

Like a ship set adrift on the sea...