I spoke to the guy in California today about the "special agent" job. I told him that my police certification has since lapsed because I haven't worked in Law Enforcement for over 3 years. He said that was all right and that if they wanted to hire me I could get recertified. However, in the next breath he said he has a some very qualified applicants and that flying out to California for an interview might not be in my best interest. Basically, he said that flying out would not guarantee me a job. That's understandable. But, now I have to decide if I should pursue this. My gut tells me its a dead end. I've gone through the ordeal of looking for cop jobs many times before, and it is always a turmultuous process.
I've been at odds with the wife for a couple days now. Of course, it's over the only thing we fight about... Money. I asked her last week to keep a tight reign on the bank account and watch our spending. Well, $130 in overdraft charges later I'm left wondering why she didn't stay on top of it. It's not all her fault. I spent money too. But, with the pittance that I'm receiving on unemployment we can't afford to lose money to stupid mistakes. I just hope she learns a lesson and stays on top of the account from now on.
Lastly, our Priest came to the house this afternoon and did our annual house blessing. It's usually done just after Christmas, but he's had a lot of homes to do. Fr. John is very good with the kids and is genuinely concerned with what happens to us. He is a good man and a pleasure to deal with. I wish I could get to know him better but, I'm glad we are somewhat distant. I think it is best to keep things professional with your priest. I was once very good friends with our priest who was also my spiritual Father. When things went sour between us it affected me deeply. In fact, it drove me out of the Church for several years. I'm just thankful that we found it again.