Today I went to go see Return of the King for the second time. And for the second time I was moved to tears. What is it about a massive cavalry charge that can stir so much emotion? Perhaps it is envisioning the chance to stand against your enemies and triumph. To see fear and regret across their face as you run down those who have wronged and hated you. Not the attitude of a forgiving person I know. But, nonetheless very powerful. I think there is imagry and drama in that movie that stirs something deep within the soul. I suppose I could venture to guess what it is but I won't. Reason is the enemy of faith.
This morning I fought a terrible fight with myself. As I lay in the warmth of my bed next to my cozy wife I debated terribly about wether I wanted to get up and go to Church. Many of the old arguements for not going scrolled across my brain. But thankfully there lingered a resolve making me want to please God. We went to Church, and I feel so much better for it.