Saturday, January 10, 2004

Nothing much new to say. I'm finally over the flu. It wasn't really strong this year but it sure did hold on for a long while. I'm still waiting to hear about the score or so jobs I put in for. I got turned down a few days ago for the job in Klamath Falls with Union Pacific. It bummed me out a lot because it was one of my better applications. Anywho, after a while I realized that it shouldn't bother me. Afterall, it does say on the message that they found others who were better qualified. I am trying to break into the business so I shouldn't fret too much. Besides, someone within the company probably transferred to that post, and there's no way someone with my qualifications could compete with that. I have several other chances anyway.

I spoke to my Dad the other day and he told me that Union Pacific has a hard time finding and keeping people in the position in Dunsmuir. I guess outsiders don't want to live there. As for me, I love the place and desperately want to return. If I get an interview for there then that might be the edge I need. Besides, of all the positions I applied for that is the one I want the most.