Friday, January 02, 2004

Snow is on the ground everywhere back at home and I am stuck in warm, sultry weather here. I know it's a bit of a contradiction to statements I made earlier this year wishing for more summer. But, I do like seasons. Everyone here says they have them but I have yet to experience anything but Autumn.

I'm not badmouthing this place. It is nice here, despite all the development and bad traffic. Sadly, I think these people are hungry for money and progress but they don't realize that in a few years it turns to blight and they are left with another town that looks like any other suburb in America. It's too bad that the people who makes the decisions on zoning and such are the ones who usually profit the most from it. But, hey they are building jobs and besides, they live in posh custom homes outside of town, they don't have to live with the blight.

There I go again, hating the sinner and not the sin. God forgive me!

Lately, I've been doing next to nothing. Watching TV, reading, and surfing the net. Not even painting anymore. The only reasonable place I have to play is at the store and I really loath to go there. Anyway, I want to be more active and do things. I guess I just don't have the inspiration right now. No one around to go to appreciate the Civil War battlefields with me. I spoke earlier about wanting the make more out of my life. I think it's high time I did that.