Well, this is the last journal entry of 2003. I guess I could reflect a little on the past 364 days of this miserable year.
I guess It's safe to say that this was a time of many mistakes and foolish ventures. Much was lost and little was gained. All in all if I could talk to myself a year ago I'd say don't take the job with GW and don't leave Siskiyou County. But, I can't, and I'm stuck. I know it's in the divine plan for me to have came here. But, I fail to see why. It is beyond my wisdom. The same thing can be said for Mordor. Perhaps just like with Mordor I can now say that I have a much greater appreciation of "home".
On a brighter note I received a bit of justice from the Washington State Unemployment office this week. They released the results of the review of my recent termination from Games Workshop. It seems that the company contested my benefits because they say I was fired for misconduct. Well, the review board determined that while a company can terminate employment for any reason, in my case they found no evidence of misconduct. It's not really surprising because I didn't do anything wrong to lose my job. However, it's nice to be vindicated.
Im glad that this was all resolved before the first of the year. I don't want to carry any baggage beyond midnight tonight. That includes hard feelings or grudges. I just want to get on with my life and do my job of making a better world for these children.