I finally got to see "Gone with the Wind" on TV today. Much to my astonishment I really enjoyed it. Not because it was an epic centered around the Civil War but because the characters just brought the whole thing to life. I now know why everyone hates Scarlett O'Hara so much! I found her very frustrating. A great example of how stubborness will destroy you. Though in other ways I do sympathize with her. I know first hand how poverty will make you a hard person. It's just too bad we can't all be more like Melody.
Lately, I've been taking the blog thing to another level. I started reading other peoples blogs. I have a whole list bookmarked. Some of them are political, some are sexy, others are just boring. Overall I enjoy them because I enjoy observing other people and in a blog they reveal their innermost thoughts and feelings. I wish more people I knew would write a weblog. It is an excellent way to communicate to the world, and more importantly yourself. Just the other day after changing my journal format I went back and reread all my old entries from the past two years. It is interesting to read and reflect on what I struggled with a year ago.
Speaking of struggles... my whole ordeal looking for a job has had alot of ups and downs lately. Still no word from any of the companies I've applied for. But, I constantly look for hope in little things I come across. Yesterday I talked with my Armenian brother and he said many things to give me hope. Later, I talked with my Dad and he said things to frustrate me. Not that any of these are concrete things. I won't really have cause to rejoice until someone calls me. But, it's the subtle guile of the enemy that seeks to make me lose faith.