Ugh, it turned from really warm to really cold. It's not helping much that I've been sick for the past few days. Tonight its supposed to freeze here and today we even saw a few flakes of snow coming down. It won't do much for my homesickness just because I know the snow will never stick.
I was doing some reflecting last night and I realized that I have gained a few good things this past year. I met a few great people with Games Workshop, a very few. I also expanded my skill at painting a great deal. So much so that I've been selling some old models that I painted and getting a good price. Also, we as a family have been able to see places that we would never have seen together if we stayed in Siskiyou County. Now if we return home my kids will have a knowledge of other places in the world that many never get. I know they will never understand that. To them they were forced to leave their friends behind and live someplace they didn't want to be. Oh well, I understand their grief. I had to move around alot as a kid and I lamented about it to.
My Dad sent me a picture he took of us in Mordor. We were riding a narrow gauge railroad they set up there at an old fort. The kids are all real small and quite cute. My son saw himself in the picture and had no idea who the baby was(it was of course him). Anywho, what bothered me the most about the picture, and why I'm writing about it in this journal is because I look really fat. First off, I'm wearing really tight and ill fitting clothing. Secondly, I weighed about 20lbs more in the picture than I weigh now. Overall, it's just alarming and reinforces my desire to shed some pounds. I hope that when I get working again I can go back on the atkins diet. It always worked well for me(hench thats why I weigh 20lbs less than I did when we lived in Mordor). Also, the vigorous activity combined with cutting of carbs should do alot for my waist line.
Now if I could just get a job. Today, I applied for another position with Union Pacific. 20 more days to wait before they do something. All the jobs I applied for close on the 25th. Patience and faith must prevail.