Thursday, November 20, 2003

Well, I'm sad to report that the worst has happened at my beloved job with Games Workshop. My boss tried to get me to sign a letter today saying I was resigning my position with the company. Naturally, since I need to get unemployment I could and did not sign the letter. Also, it was against my morals to sign the letter simply because I firmly believe that I did nothing wrong. In fact, I stayed true and faithful to the company right up to the very end. Even when I had a strong inkling that they were going to let me go. What it comes down to is that I took the high road and my bosses took the low road. I can at least leave with a clean conscience.

Where we go from here I simply do not know. I have no plans or schemes for the future. My whole direction was centered on Games Workshop. So, I need to spend the next few days soul searching and praying. I think it's safe to say that our future is entirely in Gods hands.

Speaking of that, today we attended Church for the first time in a long time. We went to an Antiochian Orthodox Church in Memphis. The Priest heard our confessions and we attended Liturgy to celebrate the presentation of the Theotokos before the Temple. It was so wonderful to relieve myself of all my guilt and to take communion again. It had been too long. Way too long. Spiritually, I feel like I'm on top of the world. It's funny how I lost something today that I thought was an important aspect of my life, and then I regained something that is clearly the most important thing in my life.

I now feel like we are headed for a bright future in whatever we are led to do. Remember the lillies of the fields.