Sunday, November 16, 2003

I got to speak to my Armenian brother today. With the maelstrom of things over the past few days it's really good to hear a familiar voice. I miss home so much. There's a website I go to periodically that lets me see the railyard in Dunsmuir. I also read the newspaper online so that I can keep up with events there. Perhaps I'm just prolonging my agony by keeping up on things there.

Anyway, back to my Armenian brother... He is doing pretty good. His wife landed a great job working with animals, which is something she loves to do. They just moved into a house they bought in town. I'm really kind of envious. Anyone who has read my blog knows how much I wanted to buy a house and settle down. Especially in Siskiyou County. I am very happy for them though. It's good for me I think to have that connection with my hometown.