Had a splendid Thanksgiving feast today. My wife made a pile of food and we did the usual gorge and nap routine. Before dinner we all took time to express the things that we are grateful for. Chief among them I am thankful that God gave me beautiful and intelligent children who have the understanding to know what they are grateful for.
Job search still continues. Found several possibilities in the railroad industry throughout the nation. I applied for jobs in Arkansas, California and here in Mississippi. Of course, I stayed honest in every application and noted that I was discharged from GW. I hope my old boss stays true to his word and gives me a good reference. He owes me that at least.
Another beam of hope showed forth from the heavens today. My mother-in-law offered to get us caught up on our car payment so we can avoid repossession. Holy Pete! I would be crushed if we lost our Jeep. I hope she comes through. Frankly, if we do lose it I see my chances of getting a job soon being slim to none. Every place I apply wants me to have reliable transportation.
Again, the uncertainty of our future lies in Gods hands.