Sunday, January 12, 2003

Well, I'm back from Los Angeles. It took a one day whirlwind trip to the "City of Angels" to speak to Dave, the West coast VP of operations for Games Workshop. It was a productive meeting. I learned alot more about what the company has in store for me. Basically, they said I'm being groomed for a cell managers position which covers multiple stores. They intend to send me to Virginia after I train in Seattle. I'm really excited about the prospect. I really can't wait to throw myself into the position and prove myself to them. However, I got a weird sense of things from Dave. He said he wants me to experience every aspect of the job and expects it to take over a year to train me. Of course, that doesn't jive with what was told to me by the people in Baltimore. I'm not sure what to think. The job is better than I imagined but at the same time it means more time in the big city. All my life I've avoided living in such a place. I almost feel like I'm compromising my values to settle for Seattle. At the same time, I've heard that Seattle is alot like Mordor in that rains all the time and is cold and overcast for most of the year. YUCK!! I really don't know if I could endure that again! I fell under such a deep depression in Mordor. I'm afraid a similar place like Seattle would have the same affect on me. God I'm so ready to throw myself into this, but I still have alot of thinking and consideration to do. I just wish they'd let me move myself to Virginia and then go to work for the company there.

Then to top things off they told me they would feed me while I was there. But, after the interview everyone left for several hours and I had nothing to do but help paint some scenery. When they returned, no mention was made of lunch, they just took me to the airport and dropped me off. Of course, I only had a few bucks left and I couldn't afford to buy a meal at the airport. So, to make a long story short I went the whole day without eating anything more than a bag of peanuts on the plane. I hope they don't treat all prospective employees the same way.

Anyway, I'm waiting for this next week when I'm supposed to hear something from them. With a little luck and a prayer I'll be off and running soon.