Thursday, January 16, 2003

It is pertty much official... Today I accepted a formal job offer from Games Workshop and I'll be headed to Seattle in 2 weeks. The deal is that I put in 3 to 6 months training for the position of Cell manager then the company will pay for my relocation to the East Coast... Hopefully Virginia. They are providing me a studio apartment in Seattle for 3 months at their expense. So, needless to say I have to leave the family here in California for a while. Frankly, that I fear will give me the most trouble of this whole plan.

My son is three years old and we are so close. I have so much fun playing with him and I take so much joy in his smiling face. It'll be very hard to live without him. Even for a short period of time! Also, my girls need my presence. They are at that tender age where they need guidance. I told them the news today and it got a little emotional. I'm just so afraid that something is gonna happen and they will need me. I guess I have to put their well being in God's hands and have some faith. He's guided me this far and I have to believe he won't let me down.

Another thing that disturbs me about this move is that I won't be around to help my Armenian friend. We've grown so close and I want to see him through his difficulty. I told him the news today and I could tell it bothered him that I was going. It's just so hard to find friends, I mean TRUE friends who will stick by you. I hate to leave in his hour of need. I've had so many fair-weather friends in my life. It kills me to be one to someone who means so much to me. He goes to his next court hearing a few days before I leave for Seattle. My prayer is... Oh God please listen... Is that they drop the charges against him then.

Well, I've succeded in getting myself upset thinking about this. I know I should be happy going to work for my dream job. It just feels like I'm leaving unfinished business.