Friday, July 12, 2002

Well, I must say that the events that transpired today are leading me to becoming a grumpy and sarcastic son-of-a-bitch. The loan committee turned us down because they think our product line only appeals to a narrow market, thus making us a risk. This despite the fact that we have 3 years of market research into this area, and we have several years of business experience along with previous experience with an identical venture in this market. Needless to say I am furious. I feel like I've been discriminated against and that the loan committee did not do their job in seriously considering and weighing the business plan. The committee liason basically said he thinks the committee did not understand the product or the proposal and rejected it out of ignorance.

So, from here I have to weigh my options. I could wait until next year when I may receive a settlement from my injury. Or, I may try to raise money to start the business from scratch like I did before. Either way I'll not need help from any financial institution. In fact, I am considering taking an oath never to fill out another credit application or authorizing anyone to run my credit ever again. I believe that the credit industry is the "Mark of the Beast" laid out in the book of Revealation. Scripture says the mark will be required to buy and sell. Well, credit is the closest thing I can see to that, and it's just gonna get worse. Sure, a proponent may say that credit is necessary to weed out dishonest people and to keep financial institutions and investors informed about their prospects. But, I am a poor man with 6 children. Several times in my life I've had to make the decision wether to pay a bill or feed my kids. In my mind there is no contest! Because of that I am branded as dishonest for having late payments and outragous unpaid fees on my report. It is evil and violates the admonition to avoid "usury".

There was once a time that a man's word was his bond and that people would trust each other out of co-dependency. Once there was a time that if someone was down on their luck then creditors would be lenient. But, now the world revolves around the "bottom line" and things like honor and trust are gone. In a better world those people on that loan committee would have seen an ambitious young man with a plan to make it big. They would have taken a chance. Especially with money granted to the city to help low income people start a small business. But, this is our modern age and we are so advanced and civilized. To Hell with these black hearted Republicans!!!!!