Wednesday, July 10, 2002

I caught this interesting article on Yahoo! news about overwork and undersleep causing an increase in heart attacks among men. Well DUH!! Why is it so hard for people to understand that humans were not designed to live highly stressful, meaningless lives. We are farmers and hunters meant to live a quiet, slow, and fullfilling life. In the 9 months that I have been on disability I've adjusted to a younger, vigorous, and more happy person. I'll never go back to being the "company man". I'll be my own man. Now, if only my business will get off the ground I'll be off and running.

I've been expecting to hear from Tess for a couple days now but, nothing so far. I'm afraid she is mad at me for what I said about her boyfriend. If so, I'm not sure why because she plans to leave him anyway. I did find out one interesting thing. Talking to her brother I found out that her family doesn't like her boyfriend either. They say he talks down to them. I guess Tess's mother was really offended by the way he spoke to her during dinner one time. He works as a nurse caring for mental patients so I think he has a tendency of talking that way even when he doesn't know it.

My landlady sent a handyman here today to take care of some repairs around the place. He cleaned up the back yard and got prepared to rebuild the fence. The place looks great! Tommorrow he plans to crawl under the house and fix a broken pipe. It's nice to get some stuff taken care of by your landlord. I told my wife today that this is the first house that I felt really comfortable in. There is a spirit of calmness and happiness here. I plan to stay here untill we get kicked out or we buy a house. Hopefully the latter will happen instead of the former.