Sunday, May 12, 2002

We had a very nice Mother's Day today. My wife went to work early in the morning and we started cleaning the house. In the afternoon I picked her up and brought her home to a nice clean house. Later we went to a barbeque and ate like pigs. I had a few beers and my wife got to drink wine coolers with an old high school girlfriend. My poor girl was so tired from work she fell asleep halfway through the party. I didn't get to visit my friends grave like I wanted. But, I doesn't matter, I had such a good time with my family. I think that's what he would have wanted.

I caught part of this show today on ABC called Dinotopia. Oh my God!!! I can't believe that a script that bad could get to the production phase much less making it on prime time televison. It confounds me that they would spend so much money on special effects and have such poor writing and very bad acting. I found myself hoping the main character would get swallowed by a T-Rex. Sometimes I think that television producers have given up on trying to produce a quality program.

Talked to my buddy Emmrick today on the phone. He's coming over for a visit this week. We're going to see Attack of the Clones together on Friday. I'm looking forward to seeing him because we can play a game or two together and hang out. He needs a vacation, and hopefully I can lure him away from living in Mordor. We've been having rather warm weather lately which will appeal to him. Plus, it's still in the middle of the Spring bloom which is the most beautiful time of year to be here.

I also talked to Tess on the phone. She called my wife to wish her a happy mothers day, but she was at work. So when I picked up the phone I could tell she didn't want to talk to me. I chit chatted anyway and she perked up. The conversation was puzzling to me because she sent mixed signals as to whether she was still moving here this summer. I stayed true to my oath and did not mention the move. She did say she was having problems with her son. I believe now more than ever that she needs to get custody of her child. His Father is a slime to the Nth degree and is totally neglecting the boy. I've always been an advocate of a boy's need of his Father. But, this kid is being abused in the worst way. Both her and her son will be in my prayers.