This blog is dedicated to 1.5 million of my relatives and countrymen who died at the hands of the Turks in 1915
Well, today is Genocide Rememberance Day... at least in some parts of the world. A million and a half people just snuffed out and most countries, including the US, doesn't recognize that it happened. I lost at least 3 aunts in the massacre. It was by Gods grace that my Grandma and Grandpa escaped. To this day the Turks say the kilings were against Armenians who took up arms against Turkey to help Russia. If that's the case, why were my three aunts put to the sword? They were very young at the time. I'm quite sure they couldn't even lift a firearm much less fire one. Perhaps you say I should just get over it. Ha!! If we forget the past we will relive it! The Jews had their Nurembourg trials, where is the justice for us? Without justice, there is no peace. Just look at Palestine.
Well, I'll get off my soapbox now. Today my second daughter had her final practice before her first game on Saturday. She played first base and did an awesome job. I am so very proud of her. She has came a long way since she started a month ago. She also got her uniform today. It looks great on her. Black shirt with light gray pants. I think this is gonna be a great summer.
Also, today I spent more money I don't have. My wife ran into a guy at her work that used to do Civil War Reenacting. He wanted to sell me his musket. I made a deal for payments over the next few months. All total I'm spending $350. Well, I guess I owe my wife again. The musket is real nice, it's a 1861 Springfield. The good part is that I can reenact both as a Yankee and Reb, I just got to get a blue coat(don't tell my Wife though... her family is from Florida).
Lastly, as much as I'm looking forward to it... I think I'm not going to make it to Kublacon. My gaming club is kinda peetering out on me, and I can't afford the hotel room by myself. It's to bad because I wanted to meet Andy Chambers, the lead designer for Games Workshop.