Thursday, August 19, 2010

Old nightmares

How can old wounds ever heal when they get ripped open so often?

Yesterday my oldest daugther came to the house with cuts and bruises all over her body. She got into a knock down, drag out fistfight with her boyfriend. Naturally, as a father, I went down to confront him on this and saw that he was injured as badly as she was. So, I did the only thing that I could conceive that was right, I called the police and reported a domestic violence.

Bear in mind, this was done solely to protect my grand daughter, who witnessed the entire fight.

Well, the police arrived and took statements and collected evidence as I expected they would. We kept Angel safely at our house because we expected that someone was going to be arrested and she didnt need to be around for that.

Then, the unthinkable happened. Child Protective Services showed up at our home to collect my grand daughter. I spoke to the social worker and the officers and they said that methanphetamine had been found at the apartment and they were worried that Angel may have been exposed to it. They wanted to take her under the auspice that she needed to be tested.

I told the worker that we were the only real family that Angel ever knew, and that she spent 90% of her time at our house anyway. She eats, and often sleeps with us, she is practically a permanent feature in our house. She told me that Angel would likely be released to our care. So, I had to convice my younger daughters to cooperate, all of whom have been practically mothers to her, never have I seen a better example of aunthood in my life. They reluctantly gave up Angel to the "authorities". As a side note, they all had briefly been through the foster care system, and bear emotional scars from it.

So, they take my grandchild, and remarkably they do not arrest either of her parents for what they did. Despite the fact that they both tested positive for meth, and that neither one of them would admit that they owned the drugs.

I spent the rest of the day calling the social worker without a response. Finally, I got to talk to her at the end of the day and she tells me that Angel won't be coming to us because of our prior record(see Spring 2006 of this journal for more information).

My oldest started doing drugs while in CPS custody. She was taken there because she rebelled against us and I swatted her with the belt. Ends up, she set us up by coaxing me to spank her because she got the bright idea from one of her friends in foster care that she could have all the freedom she wanted if she got pulled out of our home by CPS.

Let me be clear to those of you who might think that I am not owning up to my culpability in this matter. It IS legal to spank your child in California. A red whelp across her ass was used as a sign of "injury" in order to carry out the perogative of Child Protective Services. Whatever you think of the act of spanking is entirely irrelevant when you consider that I was acting within the scope of the law, and with the best intentions to maintain disciplne and to correct the unruly behavior of my daughter. She was never injured or in any danger. We are not a violent household, and any kind of insobriety is not tolerated or induged in ever. As I said before, it was only after she was taken from us, and allowed to act out her wanton desires that she became addicted to drugs.

So, in short CPS created this monster, and they are perpetuating this disaster by holding our grand daughter from us. Like a mindless, souless machine they grind on, chewing up victims in order to justify their own existence.

An old nightmare rearing its ugly head to be relived by undeserving people.