Monday, March 20, 2006

Still no Spring...

Well, so much for our Spring. The "good times" we had were just winds before the storm. All this from the actions of one person.

My oldest daugther came home. Or rather she was caught as a runaway and forced to come home by CPS. In all the turmoil, it came out that she's been using drugs again.

When I was young, I witnessed and dealt with my older brother as a drug abuser. He fought with my mother constantly, he stole stuff from us, he made our lives hell. As a child watching this I could not understand why someone would use drugs. My brother abused me mentally, physically and sexually.

Now, I have this turmoil to look forward to again. I wonder how she will treat her younger siblings. Actually, I fear what she will do to them. The peace and security of our home is shattered by a faceless terror that rears its ugly head once again. What have we done to deserve this?

I will fight it with every fiber of my being. If it claims my life, then my life will not be lived in vain. My children are everything to me, and I will not have this scourge harm them. They deserve better!!!

If that means losing my oldest daughter then so be it. I will not look back, nor will I regret it.

Mercy for the innocent.