The greatest virtue is mercy.
What is love without mercy?
What is honor without mercy?
What is charity without mercy?
What is forgiveness without mercy?
Mercy is the one trait that defines and separates a good man from an evil man. In the basest of senses it is the line that makes us greater than the animals and more like God in heaven.
Our salvation and path to heaven lies in our ability to have mercy on our fellow man. God will forgive us thru mercy as we have forgiven and had mercy on others.
Today my oldest daughter was picked up by police after having ran away from home on Monday. She ran away because I lectured her about attacking one of her younger sisters. She told police that she does not want to be brought home and that if she is, she will just run away again. She admitted to them that she has been smoking marijuana. It is as I suspected and feared.
So, CPS is once again in our lives. They took her into "protective" custody on the grounds that she is out in the cold. As I write this she is in a temporary foster home. In a few days they will likely contact us, and we will have to go to court again.
One of two things will happen. Either they don't want to deal with a trouble causing teenager on drugs, and they will bring her here. Or they will have her declared a ward of the court and she will be in permanent foster care until she is 18 yrs old.
I don't know which option suites me. I don't want drugs in my house. I won't have my children physically assaulting each other. But, I want my daughter back. I want her sweet face smiling at me. It tears me apart and breaks my heart.
May God show his mercy to us again.