Saturday, September 18, 2004

Righteous fish!!!!

Holy Mackerel!!!!

It just dawned on me that I totally forgot to update this journal on recent events. That just proves the claim that I only like to write when I'm depressed!!

Well, this past week we had the big meltdown with our financing for the house. The wife and I were pretty bummed and we actually started looking for a rental. Then our Real Estate agent suggested a company down south that might be able to help us. She said they can get loans for anybody. So, I contacted them and gave up all our information. I was a bit blunt with them because I really didn't expect to get any help, so I just laid everything out as honestly as I could. He said he would call me the next day at Noon and he didn't so we threw our hands up and moved on.

However, he did call me later in the evening and apologized profusely. He laid out a financing program for us that would require a bit more of a down payment. So I gave him the thumbs up and prayed for the best. Then, on Thursday morning he called and said we are approved for a loan covering the entire amount of the purchase. I couldn't believe my ears!! I asked him what our credit scores were and he said we both came in at around 545. er!?!? Didn't we just go through bankruptcy? Anyway, I took the whole thing as a simple blessing and a miracle. Thanks be to God in heaven!!

So, from here the house gets appraised and we have to send in all our stuff. The lending broker said he could have everything done and approved in about 2 to 3 weeks. So, it looks like we can move in by the end of the month!!! I frankly can't wait, it's a bit miserable counting days and living someplace where the owner doesn't want you to be. So, to that end we are looking for temporary housing. Maybe a trailer for rent or possibly the motel. Anything to get us out of here. Our only hang up so far is waiting for money. But, the wife gets paid soon and we will just have to do the best we can with that.

Anyway, for anyone out there who might be looking for a loan broker here is the link:

http://www.dandeassociates.com

Good Luck