Monday, August 23, 2004

Just noticed that I am up to my 300th post. I've been writing in this journal for 3 1/2 years now!!

In other news...

"We are the little folk we. Too little to love or to hate. But leave us alone and you'll see how fast we can drag down the state. We are the worm in the wood. We are the rot at the root. We are the taint in the blood. We are the thorn in the foot."

The Little Folk unknown artist

For whatever reason the above song has been running through my head for the past several days. It's about the plebians and slaves of Rome who resent their masters and seek to destroy them in their own little ways.

I brought it up because I am a bit perturbed about the change in overtime rules that go into effect today. I recall an election statement made by our beloved Caesar George Bush Jr. In 2000. He said he wanted to reform the overtime rules to allow blue collar workers to "work as much as they want".

"Mistletoe killing an Oak. Rats gnawing cables in two. Moths making holes in a cloak. How they must love what they do. Yes, and we little folk do. We are as busy as bees working our works out of view. Watch and you'll see it someday."

If it was up to the industrialists and the black hearted Republicans they would have the little folk work constantly with no life on the side except for the spending of our money like good consumers.

"We shall be slaves just the same. But, when have we never been slaves? And you will die of the shame. And then we shall dance on your grave."

I know how I am voting in November.

I recall working for my previous employer who put me on a salary so they could work me all they want without worry of overtime. I speak to people who are still with GW and they continue to complain about the long hours they have to put in. It is frustrating because it seems that to be "successful" in this world you have to become a company man. In order to be a company man you have to give up freedom, family and sometimes even your God, as in the case with GW.

I knew no greater freedom and happiness as when I owned my own business and made my own way. No boss to answer to, and nothing but my own ambition to guide me. In business if I work hard I see the results. Not like GW where I worked my ass off to make our hugely inflated sales targets and got little or nothing for it.

"Rome never looks where she treads. Always her heavy hooves fall on our bellies, our hearts, and our heads."

Welcome to "Nova Roma" my plebian friends...