Oh the cruel ironies of life and fate...
I have long hoped for a game of computer solitaire where I finish the game in the first shuffle and obtain a nearly perfect score. Today I did such a thing... But, when I went to check my score I found that my kids turned of the scoring option. I can only guess the final tally of my first 700+ game. I'm never playing solitaire again.
In other news... last week we went to see a comedian at the local Indian casino. We showed up 30 mins late to see Ron White from the "Blue Collar Comedy Tour". Ends up the ticket clerk told about 60 people that the show started at 7:30pm instead of 7pm. So, we are getting free tickets to see Bill Engvald in October. Anyway, the show was great, Ron White was hilarious. He told a lot of new jokes and a few old ones from the Comedy Tour CD. We had a great time.
Over the weekend we went to the Carnival here in our home town. We ended up getting swindled by a fast talking Carnie and didn't have enough money left to ride any rides. So, we ate some delicious curly fries and listened a bit to the music. While I was there I met the director of MCTV. We spoke a bit about the job I applied for and he invited me to a production session this week. He is a very nice guy and I think he really wants to hire me. However, the ultimate decision is up to the board and they aren't making a decision until next month.
Lastly, I finally got tagged good in paintball. Up until yesterday I never had a hit that left a bruise. However, I got blindsided by my buddy Bubba. Basically, I was stalking him in the brush for a good 100 yards. Then, I lost him and thought he was hiking around a pile of logs. So, I moved into position to ambush him when he came out and he nailed me. Ends up he was still sitting in the brush. You live and learn... Next time I will be more patient. Patience is what has allowed me to avoid getting shot so far. But, I'll get Bubba next time we go out. I have a 21" sniper barrel on my marker now!!