What a nice summer night on this the longest day of the year. The crickets are chirping and a cool breeze is coming off the mountain. Where I am sitting it is as quiet as a Church and I am very content.
Yesterday we had one heck of a party here for Fathers day. Several people came over and we barbequed pork ribs and carne asada. The kids played in the yard and we all sat around talking about the crazy stuff that happens around this place. It was very nice.
Then, today we loaded the family and took a short trip to the lake. The water was cool and refreshing. The beach where we always go was empty and we had the whole lagoon to ourselves. Everyone had a great time, except for my wife who decided she wanted to be a party pooper. She didn't want to get in the water and opted to sit on the shore like a lump. Oh well, her loss.
Anyway, I just can't express how content I am now with my life right now. God has truly blessed us in a marvelous way and I am proud that he has found us worthy of this life. And I really can't believe that we were successfully able to come back to this place not once but twice. This is where we belong.