I started my search for a job today. There are several possibilities and I am positive that I will have gainful employment soon. The worst part is waiting for someone to make up their mind to hire me. However, our search for a house is not going so well. We are facing higher rents and picky landlords because of the housing situation here. Siskiyou County is unfortunately a resort community with scores of time shares and vacation houses. So, naturally that drives up both rent and property values. I just have to hold on to faith that something will come along sooner than later. Then to top things off we are waiting for our mail to catch up with us. In it are at least two checks worth close to $700. That's money we need to get a house and pay our bills.
I'm now convinced more than ever that my ole Armenian friend is avoiding me. He strung me along talking about BBQs and fishing but now he seems to not want anything to do with me. I tested him again today and he stood me up again. When I questioned him about yesterday he lied and told me he went someplace else. I'm just at a loss about what to do, and I have no idea what it was that I did to drive him away. This life is hard enough without having people play idiotic games with me. I don't want to be strung along.
It is such a sad thing that we hurt each other so much. Bonds of trust broken and clouds of discord and hatred fall.
"When a man lies he murders some part of the world." Merlin -- Excaliber