We went back to Church today after several weeks of not going. I miss the spiritual life that the Church offers. Today as I watched the great procession I was stunned with a feeling like I was looking into another world. The feeling that there is grace beyond our present sensibilities. It is a good feeling!
After Church the wife went back to work at her job that I hate. We need the money right now and her employer was willing to let her keep working despite the fact that she'll be leaving at the end of the month.
I saw an interesting program today on the Discovery Channel about Roman Gladiators. It talked about what their lives were like. Some startling statistics included that the vast majority of gladiators survived fights in the arena because it was too expensive to have them killed. Fights were not to the death most of the time. Now of course when the reigning emperor was watching then they were to the death. Another interesting fact was that training gladiators ate beans and barley as a their only source of food. Go figure. Maybe they really killed one another with flatulence instead of with a sword.
Lastly, I came to the conclusion today that I do not think George W Bush will win his bid for reelection. It's not based on anything but a gut feeling. I am an independent voter so I do not follow party lines in the least bit. I just think that this years election will be an upset. I guess we'll find out for sure in about 9 months.