Well, that magical time that I've been waiting for has came and went. The closing date for accepting applications for the dozen or so jobs I applied for with Union Pacific was last night. Now, hopefully things will start rolling. I just want an idea really if they are gonna give me an interview. If not then I'll stop waiting and hoping and I'll move on. It's in God's hands now.
Yesterday, we had a wonderful day. One of the best days we've had in a long time. We all got up and went to Church in Memphis. Beautiful service and very moving sermon. Then we decided to pay a visit to the legendary Memphis Zoo. After paying a tidy sum to get in we spent the entire day seeing all the sights. If you're ever in Memphis go to the zoo because it is one of the best I've been to. Nicely laid out with an interesting assortment of animals. Some, like gorillas, I've never seen before in person. Anyway, we found ourselves spending alot of time hovering around the elephant pen. There were two female elephants an one was being treated by veterinarians in a separate area. So the free one was highly agitated and kept stomping around her area. At one point she flopped down in a large pool of water and nearly doused the crowd. Anyway, it was ominous and a little frightening to hear her growl and trumpet. What an experience!!
Anyway, Sundays activities spelled the end of our tax money for the year. After getting caught up on bills and paying a huge sum to get our car insurance, $3,000 dollars just evaporated. Sadly, I didn't get to buy alot of the things we needed but oh well, that's the way it goes I guess. There's always next year or, God willing, a fat paycheck from my new job with the railroad.