Lately I've been a bit melancoly and reflective. I found out yesterday that two of my favorite entertainers died on the same day. John Ritter died from an undiscovered heart problem. I grew up in the late 70's and early 80's watching Three's Company. I secretly idolized Jack Tripper and wanted to be like him when I grew up. In fact, I must say that much of my twisted humor comes from that show and from his style of comedy.
Then, to top it off Johnny Cash dies. That's the one that hit me the hardest because I grew up listening to his old songs and ballads. Most of the reason I constantly wear black is because of his image as the "Man in Black" rubbing off on me. For the past couple days I've been listening to his music and remembering my childhood. Alot of his songs remind me of my Mother(hence being melancoly). I guess if there was any entertainer I would have like to meet it would be Johnny Cash. Oh well, in the sweet by and by I guess.
On to an entirely different subject, I got my first(and probably last) tattoo this week. I couldn't believe I went through with it. Yes, it hurt ALOT! I was clenched up in pain and shaking a bit for the whole 90 mins it took to complete. I am glad I did it because the image looks great on my shoulder and the inscription is perfect. I got a roaring lion in a "tribal" motif and the inscription... well, you'll have to ask me in person to see it and read it for yourself :-)
Lastly, my job has been a bit dreary lately. Sales are slow and we are faced with a multitude of problems that can't seem to be fixed. For instance, our phone won't receive calls. I've asked the repair people to do something and they keep putting me off. Then, to top it off we had all the faxes for central sales mysteriousy routed to our store phone. So every 5 mins it would ring with a fax. AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!! I'm getting mad just thinking about it. There's gonna be hell to pay for someone on Monday.
I sure will be glad when James gets here and we get this show on the road.