Saturday, September 27, 2003

I'm enjoying a much needed day off today. We didn't do much. We took a short trip to Holly Springs where we took care of some business. During the trip I the cold that has been after me for several days decided to make its debut. I felt like crap and we had to go to Walmart to get some medicine. After getting home I slept most of the day. Hence, thats why I'm up so late.

Anyway, theres not much to write about this week. Work is great. We're supposed to be getting a floor for the bunker gaming area next week. Once that place is open we'll have more customers than we know what to do with.

I've been reflecting lately on all the places we've lived and about all the trouble we've had because of the size of our family. So far I must say this place is where we have had the least amount of flak from people around us. Its like large families are a norm here. Its kind of nice. Anyway, all the places and our experiences with them can be summed up in a line from a Willie Nelson Song:

"All the towns and people seem to fade into a bad dream"

Oh, I decided that I am still mourning the loss of Johnny Cash. I now understand the fanatical fans of Elvis who haunt his grave to this very day. I guess people need an icon or a role model that they can look up to and believe represents them. I may take a trip sometime soon to Johnny Cash's grave to pay homage.