Well, I'm back from Baltimore, and in one piece. Man what an exciting trip!! I greatly enjoyed meeting the mucky mucks from Games Workshop. I recognized many of them from various articles in White Dwarf magazine. Anyway, Friday's activities were fun, and I think I was able to make a great impression on them. In the end they all seemed to remember my name and were paling around with me like I was one of them. Also, as I was getting in the taxi to leave the VP of US operations came and personally shook my hand thanking me for coming. Now I have to wait a week to find out what they decided.
On Friday night after the event I got to go to the Battle Bunker and main US store for Games Workshop. Oh man! I was in heaven. I saw stuff that I've never seen before. Mostly, from GW's Forge World operation in England. Anyway, I played a short game and had alot of fun. I sure do hope they hire me. The energy and excitement in that place is what I want, and would be the most awesome place to work.
I'm glad to be home. As a kind of celebration we all went to see the new Harry Potter movie tonight. A few weeks ago I finally saw the first movie and I liked it alot... much to my surprise. Anyway, this new movie is pretty good as well. I'd recommend it to anyone. However, I'm sure it pales in comparison to the "Two Towers" coming out in 30 more days. I can hardly wait!!!
Of final note, my wife told me about an interesting conversation she had with Tess while I was gone. I guess Tess's turd of an ex-husband is moving away and she has to take custody of her son. Of course, her turd of a boyfriend still doesn't want the boy around so she is forced to move out. From what I gather that's when my wife laid it on the line for her that we may be going far far away and can't help her. I feel kinda sorry for her. But, she's pretty much burned all her bridges. I'm guessing she thought I was not serious when I told her she wasn't coming back into our lives. Now she knows the truth. I'm too old to play games, and I'm not as forgiving as I once was. The truth be told, without me to interceed on Tess's behalf I knew that my wife would give up on her. She's even less tolerant than I am.