Monday, September 09, 2002

What a great weekend!! Well, I should say it had a good side and a bad side. The bad side was that I had to go to Mordor. The good side is that I spent 3 days reenacting the American Civil War with some of the best people I've ever known. I had a very nice time, despite the fact that I was short ammunition. I took hits early and mostly laid there and groaned for the crowd. One fight I had the doctor equip me with a fake wound and I got to have a bullet removed for the spectators. The last battle I was one of the last soldiers on the field so I kinda took charge and surrendered to the Yankees. Then I got to do my trademark grieving scene over our company commander. From what I understand the crowd got a kick out of it and all the "dead" soldiers on the field started laughing when I said he was already starting to smell rancid. To my surprise, all the nearby reenactors came up afterwards and complimented my acting ability.

Also to my amazement this was a rare trip with my Dad where I didn't get mad at him for something. We both got along well and enjoyed each others company. I wish all our trips were as enjoyable.