Well we finally contacted Tess who informed us that she has decided not to move here. It took us several days past the time she was supposed to actually show up here to get ahold of her. We get the idea that she was avoiding us. She said it was her decision not to move but, we don't believe her because she has put up such fronts before. I'm guessing that she was coerced by either her boyfriend or her ex-husband. It saddens me because this is the third time she has turned on us so coldly. I think this is the last time we will stick our necks out for her. She doesn't realize that she is the stereotypical female caught in a whirlpool of abusive relationships, and it seems her destiny is to never escape. I said it once before and I'll say it again. You cannot save someone from themselves or their destiny.
In related news, Tess's son has been here visiting for the past week and he came over with his uncle on Saturday and Sunday. He was not what I expected. He is a bright and hansome young man. My wife was very impressed with how polite he was. Frankly, I hit it off with him rather well. I don't understand for the life of me why Tess's turd of a boyfriend doesn't like him. It kinda broke my heart on Sunday when I took them home. Her son said he wished he could stay with us. I genuinely feel sorry for the boy. His mother is a fool and his father is a heap, and there is nothing I can do to help him.
So, with all that behind me I've decided to start a new chapter in my life and adopt a new quote:
"A person needs new experiences. They jar something deep inside, longing to grow. Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens.... The sleeper must awaken."
Duke Leto Atreidies, Dune
I have to start a new chapter in my life. Granted, the previous chapter was short. But, it is time that I begin thinking of the future in a serious way and start taking action. I still want to start my business. But, that won't happen until next year. So, I've decided to go to school this coming semester and take up computer studies again. Prior to moving to Mordor several years ago I was studying computers and really enjoyed it. However, I gave it up because I thought my math skills were inadequate, and I was worried that the job market would get glutted with computer enthusiasts. I Today I registered for 8 units of classes. Next Spring I'll have to take another 3 units and I'll be ready to transfer to the local technical school for 2 more years of training. With that under my belt I'll be in line to land a great job somewhere nearby, maybe even local. Law Enforcement was fun while it lasted. But, now it's time I take up a real profession.