I have this peculiar spirit inside me that whenever I get a new job, I feel like I am being crushed by the pedantic minutia of it all. Working for someone else, being paid an insulting wage, to give my all to making their business work out for the best. A few short weeks into any job and I start dreaming about quitting and starting my own business. If I could ever manage to find a part-time job, or doing bit work, I might be happy. But, sitting at a desk or a counter for a third of my day feels suffocating.
Right now, my wife and I are running our own business. It is exhilarating and exhausting. Some months we are rolling in money and see no end to the prosperity. Other months we have no business and can't help but wonder if we are doing something wrong.
Right now, we are experiencing the latter.
It is a good time to get caught up on projects or on our reading and study. But it also leaves a big pit of fear, worry and doubt churning in our bellies.