Monday, February 03, 2014
Dreams
Last night I had a dream. It has left me shaken and depressed today.
I was in Fresno, CA in a field between two hills. On the hillsides were orchards of trees filled with fruit. Above the sky was filled with puffy rainclouds. I could see the streams of rain falling on the far off hills and orchards. But, where I was it was warm.
My grand daughter was there. She was singing and laughing with other children. They were part of a class field trip to the fruit orchards. I was hiding in the bushes and watching her. I was changed.
Then she saw me and ran to me. She was not scared or startled by me. It was like she was seeing the real me. I turned and ran into the brush, but she chased me. I somehow became cornered and turned to face her. I could see that she was changed to, and she smiled at me. We were together and free. Free free free!!!!
We danced and played together and ran and ran. I looked up and saw the sweet fruit of the trees above us, and far off I could see a heavy rain cloud pouring down in the valley below us. We laid down together and watched the clouds.
She said to me.. "Grandpa, I miss my mommy".
I woke up crying.