Friday, May 10, 2013

Shards of grief

So, I was driving around the other day and I saw a little girl, no more than 4 or 5 years old, walking alone down a gravel road.  She looked a lot like my granddaughter.

Needless to say, this set me off.  Waves and waves of grief and anguish flood over me.  I see her as a lost child in a unnecessarily cruel world, walking alone, no one to love or protect her.  No one to give her a place, no one to tell her she is wanted and loved.

I look back to my own childhood once again and I remember running away from home when I was about 4 years old.  What was I running from?  I do not know.  But, I felt alone and lost, like I feel now, like my dear granddaughter must feel.

I hate God for this.  I hate him!!  He is cruel and vicious.  He gives no comfort or love.  He is a starving predator out to consume my soul for his own self-gratification.  No "loving father" would ever do this to their "child".  No lord would ever treat their vassle as such and expect them to remain faithful.

My soul still burns with anger and frustration.  The rage of being betrayed and rejected by the one being in the universe who is supposed to be kind, loving and merciful.

The most faithful of dogs will only be kicked for so long before he bites.