My first grandson was born this past month. Liam Joseph McCollough was born healthy and happy to my eldest daughter. This is her second child.
I can't say much on how I feel about this. We are taking care of Evangeline because her mother is still homeless and being scrutinized by CPS. Angel cannot be around Liz's boyfriend because he has a past. Makes it difficult to maintain a cohesive family. But, since when has CPS cared about healthy families.
As for Liam, I am a little troubled. He was not born with any of the tell tell "Armenian" traits, he looks like his father. This was pointed out to me proudly by him, as if looking Armenian is somehow a flaw(needless to say I was offended by the suggestion). I sense that his father leans towards a white supremacist attitude. Which of course makes me wonder why he would want to date my daughter who looks decidedly Armenian.
The second thing that troubles me about Liam is that he was born with a large mound on the side of his head. The doctors say it is blood from a burst vein and will go away on its own. But, being already anxious about handling a newborn, I am especially scared concerning the mound. As of this writing, I have yet to hold him.
Now, I can imagine that anyone reading this would think that I have no love or feeling for my grandson. Rest assured, that is not the case at all. I love him, with all of my heart, and I pray to God that he lives a good, and honorable life.