There's a change a comin!!
So, this past week it was announced that Californian's will be getting the chance to vote on a measure to legalize marijuana for recreational use. Under the proposed law, every individual will have the right to possess an ounce of pot and will be allowed to grow and harvest a small amount.
Already, the sides are being drawn politically and strange new associations are being formed to make their opinion known.
So, I have been outspoken in the past over my disdain for this drug, it should be a no-brainer where I will vote.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Do not underestimate the power of cynicism.
I my friends heartily support this measure. I say what the hell, make it legal!!
But what about the negative effects of this drug on families? What about the emotional abuse you suffered as a child? Why would you want this on a new generation?
Well... it's like this.
Legalizing this crap will destroy it. It will answer the pot heads I argue with once and for all that this is a benign substance.
How will that happen? Capitalism. Thats right, free market economics will solve our problems.
You see, the major tobacco companies are already poised to produce marijuana cigarettes for the masses. Any student of economic procedure knows that you produce a quality product at a low price in order to stimulate sales and generate customer loyalty. Then, once you have cornered the market, you raise the price, lower the quality, and increase the addictive nature of your product. Soon, it will be cheaper and easier to just by a pack of joints at the local liquor store.
It is only then, having seen their beloved weed turned into a smartly wrapped and merchandised product of the free world will they realize that they were better off smoking in the closet.
Problem solved