When I was a kid my mother involved us in the Protestant Church. Namely we attended a host of Pentecostal fellowships across Oregon and California. In addition to this my mother was an avid fan of televangelists, Oral Roberts, Jimmy Swaggert, 700 Club to name a few. I remember very specifically watching a televangelist, whom I'll not name, one Sunday morning with her. They had a girl on the show with her beloved pet, a dalmation hound if I remember correctly. She asked the preacher if her dog will go to heaven when he dies. He told her in no uncertain terms that animals don't have souls and therefore have no afterlife. The girl then hung her head and thanked the preacher. I remember very distinctly the smug and arrogant look on his pastey, bloated face, as if he delighted in shattering this girls innocence.
Protestantism in its attempt to make a cleaner faith and garner a closer relationship to God has gone the way of the corrupt religions before it. With its makeup and gold jewelry, pretending to be the authority of God's will. What arrogant ignorance! How they dare to define a being that is beyond definition and to claim to bend his will to match their narrow view of the world. The sum of God's glory is not contained in the Scripture, it is in our hearts to find. Christ came into this world to tell us how to live good and honorable lives, all else is arrogant speculation.
So, little girl if you happen to read this I say to you that your dog was as much a creature of God as you are, what does your heart tell you about his chances for an afterlife?
I have decided today that I will never own another slave. What right do I as a sentient soul to force another to my will in order be bring me happiness? I also affirm that I will be no ones slave. What does this all mean? Well, this is my blog and it is for me to read and remind myelf of the lessons of my life. It is for you the reader to take these words and decide how they pertain to you.
"All my life, awake or asleep, I have dreamed. I dreamed of a world yet to come, a world reborn" -- "Warlord"