Monday, February 09, 2009

Intolerance

So, I learned two lessons this past weekend.

First, I need to lay off cold medicine. I have allergies, something here in the mountains sets me off because when I travel anywhere else they pretty much go away. But, since I dont have anything resembling health insurance I have to finds ways to deal with my allergy attacks. I have two methods, one is I eat alot of cough drops. I have no idea why this works, something about the menthol soothing my nostrels. The other way is to take cold medicine. I can't take the daytime stuff because it makes me real sick, so I take nighttime. Consequently, it makes me very sleepy. Anyway, I've been doing this for a number of years, and I think my body can't tolerate it anymore. This weekend I got real sick, extreme drowsiness combined with heart palpitations. For a while I thought I was going to have to go to the emergency room. That was on Saturday, I still don't feel right.

Second, I played paintball on Sunday. Not much to be said there, typical game(no mean self did not prevail). But, before the game got started I got into a fight with Chicken. Not a fist fight, though it was going that direction. I made a dumb joke concerning him, he took offense and called me an SOB, so I got into his face. Anyway, I apologized later and we made up. Ends up he has been feeling slighted by me because I have not spent any time with him for the past couple of months. In reflection, I guess I just assumed that he was with Tubbi in not wanting to be my friend. He made it very clear that was not the case. So, I feel stupid for neglecting a friend and making assumptions.

Wisdom comes not from perfection, but in making mistakes and learning from them.