I sat in the lobby of the local Walmart today. One of my many joys in life is just to watch people. To passively observe the human creature in their natural habitat. I realized something today, I watched people enter the store with a general smile on their faces. Then, when they would leave the smile was gone. Almost as if they had been terribly disappointed by something.
My days right now are turnd upside down. Its hard for me to sleep at night because of my shoulder. So, I tend to stay up and enjoy the peace and quiet. Sometimes I play Wow, or other computer games. Other times I read or watch a movie. It puts a strain on the family because I tend to sleep into the afternoon. But, oddly enough I somehow feel better staying up at night.
So, I was driving back from Walmart today and I couldn't help but look up at the beautiful sky as the sun sat on the horizon. The mountain was shining like a jewel, and the clouds were dancing in the heavens. In the midst of it all I could see the freeway and the spiders web of roads and houses across the valley. Reminders of this lands inhabitants, slaves to greed and lust, victims of a world gone mad. Yet, there in the middle remained the mountain, pristine in its beauty. It stands proudly as an untamed sentinel in the middle of a cage.
I wept today for my granddaughter and her mother. I am lamenting a decision by her to not baptize her baby. She says that she wants to wait and let Baby Angel make the decision about what faith she follows. That would seem like logic except for the sorrow in my heart over the decision. A child is like a tree, its roots must be nurtured in fertile soil for it to grow and be strong. You raise a child in the faith and they will forever return to it. This world has rejected God and all his wisdom and it seeks after anything to fill the holes left.
God is not dead. He waits patiently like a loving father for us to return.