Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The door opened

So, for a long time now we have felt like it is time to move on from where we are living. Ever since we lost our house we have had a sense that nothing is tying us here anymore. This is especially aggravated by the fact that we are still somewhat alienated from some of our "so-called" friends here.

Now the way has been shown to us. I have been accepted into Chico State University. I'll be transferring there in the Fall of 09 into the upper division classes as an Art History Major. My wife has been tenatively accepted as well, provided that she passes this semesters classes.

So many times in our lives we have seen doors all around us close, and one shining door opened. As if beckoning us to aspire to something that we didn't think we could accomplish on our own. Clearly this is one of those times.

I will miss those here that are precious to me. But, it must be done.

"I'm gonna break... I'm gonna break my... I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run"

-- Soundgarden