Had a very nice visit today with an old friend from my deep, dark past. I have referred to her a few times in this blog as Momoka. But, for this entry we will call her Lenneth.
I spent about 3 hours in a coffee shop with her today just rehashing the past 15 years or so. I must say that she had every ounce of charm and grace that she had as a teenager. Only now its been refined a bit by age. Which of course you can barely tell.
I must admit to a bit of intimidation on my part. She has grown to become a well read and articulate intellectual. I felt like an awkward, half-witted ogre in her sight.
Anyway, Lenneth expressed a desire to rejoin the SCA in some capacity. The suggestion of which made me quite happy. I think that her intelligence and charm would be more and welcome, and a tremendous asset to our efforts to revitalize the local branch.