Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Grrrrr

Sometimes the site that hosts this journal really pisses me off. I typed a huge freeking entry the other day and for whatever reason the Internet burped and it didn't post. So, I guess I'll have to provide the shortened version:

I love my new house.

Thanksgiving was great. Real quiet with awesome food. My wife is a culinary genius.

The house is awesome.

School is winding down. I'm still getting good grades.

My house is warm and cozy.

It is cold and snowy outside.

I really am in love with my house.

The kids are happy and healthy.

We are all happy as clams in our house.

All landlords are scum of the earth and I am very happy to be out from under their grimy thumbs.

and finally... you guessed it! I love my house.

Okay, now I can get on to this weeks entry in my journal.

Did I ever mention how much I love my house? I am astonished at how long our furnace has been holding out and keeping the house extremely warm. When we moved in we were on fumes. The fuel company wants a 100 gal minimum purchase which comes out to about $200 that we don't have. Then, to boot the car company wants a double payment this month or they will repo the car. We got a bit behind in our effort to raise money for the house. So, needless to say, Christmas is gonna be tight/non-existant for us. However, I think everyone in the family agrees that a house of our own is the best Christmas present we could ever hope for.

This week I loaded the last of my ceramics projects into the glaze kiln. This will produce some of my best pieces, including a chamber pot and a set of bowls. I'm a bit bummed because I have no more projects. But, at least I have next semester to look forward to.

Speaking of next semester... My wife actually showed excitement and enthusiasm for taking ceramics with me next semester. I am so happy that she is joyfully sharing in something that I am passionate about. We are gonna make some awesome sculpture pieces to decorate the house with.

Lastly, my oldest daughter had the first(and hopefully last) administrative action taken against her in school this week. Apparently, she was caught in possesion of cigarettes. Now, she says that she was hiding the "coffin nails" for her friend and frankly, I do believe her. If she was smoking I would definitely smell it on her, and she knows I would probably murder her. I lost my mother to that disgusting, filthy habit and I'm not about to endure my daughter falling victim to it as well.