Before I get to the reason for the title of this entry I must take a short time out and say... I told you so!!
Now normally I don't like to say that but, I will for this journal as a way of documenting events. A week ago I said that in a week I'd still be waiting for our house. Well, I'm still waiting. The finance company was not able to get the paperwork done in time today to close escrow. They actually missed it by a half hour or so. We are told that Monday it will close, on my son's birthday. So, we are spending yet another weekend on the floor.
In other news, today I got to unload the glaze kiln at school. It contained about a dozen pieces of pottery that I've worked hard over the past few months to make. Laying my eyes upon their beautiful forms actually left me breathless. I couldn't believe that I made such gorgeous pieces of artwork. I so love working with my hands. Prior to seeing them I had planned on giving some of my best pieces away as Christmas gifts. Now, I am having seriously second thoughts. I guess it's that passion that will ultimately make them perfect gifts. Or maybe the recipients will not appreciate how much work I did and make the cups and mugs into planters.
I think I'll find something else to give away for Christmas.
Oh, one more thing... My wife really hurt my feelings today by saying that my pottery looks "funky". I know she wasn't trying to hurt me, but she doesn't understand how passionate I am about these little lumps of colored ceramics. My only hope is that she reads this and tries a bit harder to understand.