Happy Mayday!!!
What an awesome day today!!! It started out with opening day ceremonies for two of my daughters playing softball. They played a one inning exhibition game in front of a large crowd and had a great time. Everyone was so excited and it was good to see alot of the people I knew from High School.
Later in the day we went to Lake Siskiyou and had our first swim of the year. Despite the fact that the temperature was in the mid 80's, the water was ice cold. The kids had fun but didn't stay in the water long. All was not lost though because we ended up sitting on the shore basking in the sun and enjoying a tasty picnic of deli meat sandwiches.
Then, the best part of the day was a short 4X4 excursion up the mountain and a hike to Ney Springs and the falls. This was the first time that the whole family made it to the falls. No one was around and it was absolutely glorious!! The falls continue to roar and the kids had a ball playing in the mist and slipping on rocks. There is one place in particular that everyone got to stand at the base of the falls where is literally takes your breath away. I think overall it was a spiritual experience for the whole family. It made my heart actually proud to see my kids frolick and enjoy God's creation.
In other news, I found out yesterday that I will not be working for Americorps and our house might be in jeopardy because of previously unknown water damage. However, I am not worried. It's in God's hands and we will wait upon his blessing.