The Christmas spirit is moving through our household today. Everyone is in a good mood and we are spending the day relaxing and listening to christmas music. Thankfully. we finished our shopping. Tommorrow we head to Church for the nativity celebration. Unfortunatley, no snow but we really didn't expect it this year.
Despite all we have gone through and still face, I am in a remarkably good mood. I guess it just comes from not having to worry about things that are out of my control. Of course, that peace only comes to someone who has faith in God and knows that the future is bright.
I said that I had a new perspective on things after seeing Return of the King. I am ready to talk about that now; all my life I have lived in a state of distrust in others. In fact, I really hated anyone that was no in my own circle of trusted people. I especially hated anyone with money. Now I see that this is wrong. I should give everyone the benefit of the doubt, and not be judgemental. I know I hate to be judged. That is I think what I was brought here to learn and to atone for.
How this relates to ROTK I can't really tell you... It was just an epiphany of sorts. I think what that movie did show me is that all of us, whether we know it or not, yearn for unconditional love. We want a ruler/king that honestly cares for us. And we want friends that will stand by us through all tribulations whether we deserve it or not.
I guess ultimately, I need to hate the world as I do, but love the people in it even if they don't deserve it.